6 wonderful Small Back Yard Ideas
There are many small back yard ideas that can transform any space, whether they are small or big, into beautiful outdoor spots that can be used for relaxation and entertainment. In these busy times, it is not a surprise to find homeowners looking for ways where they can unwind after a long day at work. Fortunately, they don’t need to go very far especially when their own backyard is a source of peace and tranquility.
The question now is what design will you be using to create your own peaceful retreat in your own backyard? The good news is that there are plenty of suggestions ideas that you can consider depending on your needs and your preferences. Here are some that you might be interested in using.
- Butterfly Garden– Seeing butterflies in your garden can certainly bring about a sense of peace and what better way to attract them onto your lot than by transforming your backyard into a butterfly garden? This example is that you use plants that attract butterflies like oregano and marigold among others. Once your garden is in full bloom you will notice that several butterflies will be flitting and flying around.
- Fire Pits – If you want to be able to use your backyard during the cold season then you might want to consider buying fire pits instead. Fire pits allow you to have cook outs or simply a warm and cozy area for you to enjoy with the rest of your family. There are dozen types of fire pits so you should choose carefully.
- Aroma Garden – A good scent can certainly lift your mood and when looking for ideas this might be something that you can try out. If you are on a budget then you might consider this option instead of buying those expensive flowering plants. Go for jasmine, lavender and thyme where their scents are quite popular. Combine them with the rest of your plant selection and you will create the perfect aroma garden.
- Rounded Patios – Not all patios come in square or rectangular shapes. As a matter of fact, there are ideas where round patios are incorporated. If you want to have a more intimate design for your backyard this one might just be it. To complete the design, incorporate furniture with round shapes.
- Water – Not everyone finds adding water in their backyard design a smart idea. However, there are ideas that do incorporate this design. Waterfalls, koi ponds and even small ponds can add more character to your space. Even if the space is limited you can still create a beautiful water garden that will be the envy of your neighbors. Of course, you can freely decorate your space with the right water design if you have ample space to work with.
- Hedges – Large spaced yards can benefit a lot from hedges. If you are the type of person who wants to have some privacy while enjoying it then this design is for you. Small backyard ideas that make use of hedges situate them in areas where people are most likely to pass by. The bigger hedges can completely screen your neighbors’ view of your backyard so you can do whatever you please without being conscious of other people looking at you.
Building Shed Can Increase Your Yard’s Value
Back yard ideas are not limited to the designs mentioned above. As a matter of fact, a lot of them recommend installing another structure on your lawn not just for style but function as well. A shed is one such installation that can definitely give your lawn a better makeover. Not only does a shed provide you a storage space for your things but it can also add more design to your lawn. It can be used as an extension of your home where you can retreat if the weather turns bad.
A shed can be used in many ways and by incorporating it into your yard, you can transform your backyard into a fully functional and stylish place where you can sit back and relax after a hard day’s work. For sure, with small back yard ideas for sale, it won’t be long before your yard will start looking like your very own paradise.
3 Reasons for Buying a Gazebo
A gazebo can bring back to life any unused garden. There are some homeowners who rarely go out of their home and onto their yard unless they are doing their seasonal mowing. However, redesigning your backyard can give you plenty of benefits not just in increasing the value of your property but also allowing you to enjoy your outdoors even more. If you have a yard that you haven’t used at all you should seriously consider revamping it. Why? Well, you need to know what other benefits you can get out of it so read on to find out what these are.
Benefits of Installing it
Any unused yard can be brought to life by giving it proper care and maintenance. Adding new installations such as a terrance, patio, gazebo or small shed can also increase its value significantly. Like it was mentioned a while ago, there are benefits to be gained when you put one on your yard and these are some that are worth taking note of.
- Love the Outdoors – There is a limit to what you can do depending on its size and layout. However, if you want to be able to go out more and enjoy the sun and the garden it can help a lot. This type of structure isn’t too hard to set up nor will it put a dent on your savings. Having this on your plot can actually provide you with a place to cool down during the summer months or a place to eat while enjoying your new and improved backyard.
- Pest Free – One of the drawbacks of having to stay outdoors is that you are exposed to the elements. Mosquitoes, flies, and other insects may put a damp to your outdoor living but with it, this can be quite bearable. There are some ones that do have screens included in their design to keep away those pesky pests that keep raining on your parade. You don’t have to worry about the wind either because you can add curtains to protect you and your guests while enjoying your time out here.
- Extend Your Home – Sometimes extending your home is necessary especially when you have a growing family. Your backyard is one area that you can utilize to create that extra space you need. A buying a gazebo is a welcome option for many because it can be used in several ways. You can use it as an area for you to relax and unwind after a long day. You can make use of it during office functions too if you want. Who said that you can’t enjoy the outdoors at all?
Gazebo and Small Shed – Ideal Together?
Depending on the available space that you have in your backyard you can have the option of buying both a gazebo and a small shed. A shed can be used as a storage space not just for the extra stuff that you have at home but also as a place to store your outdoor items like garden tools and equipment. These sheds can come in various sizes, styles and materials so you better give them some serious thought. Think about the purpose of the shed, how it will fit the rest of your yard design and whether it can work nicely with it that you are planning to install.
For some, the idea of having to renovate their front or backyard is a tricky business especially when they don’t know where exactly they should begin. Fortunately, there are plenty of landscape designs and ideas that are being shared online and in magazines that can give inspiration to those who want to revitalize their backyard. Would this be favorable for you? You need to decide on this carefully if you have a budget in mind.
Based on the benefits mentioned above, you can already come up with a decision on how you will bring more life to your outdoors. Keep in mind that beautifying your place isn’t limited to your house and its interior but also the surrounding area as well. Adding one is one idea that is worth considering if you want to be able to enjoy your outdoors even more.
Adding a pond in your small yard
If you are thinking of remodeling your backyard but don’t know how or what design to use then you are better off looking at some small yard ideas first before committing yourself to the project. One idea that you might be interested in is adding a small pond. They are great landscape attractions and the best part is that you can build one on your own over the weekend.
There are many suggestions for the backyard that revolve around them that you can look at to get some designs to use on your own backyard. If this is your first time and you are on a budget better go with those sold in kits rather than hiring a landscaper or a pond builder to save money. All that you have to do is to look for a company that specializes in making small ponds so you can get all the supplies here. With the right plan and delegation of tasks it will be done in no time.
Tips on Building it on your own
If you want to do something with ponds into reality but don’t want to spend more than you can afford to it is best that you go with kits instead. Buying DIY pond building kits on sale and following the directions can be done by anyone who can spare a few hours of their time for this project. However, before you start with your small lake building project, here are some tips that you can use to get the job done right.
- Choose a Specialty Store – Instead of heading to a hardware store to get your materials it is much better that you visit a shop that specializes in making them. This type of business has an effective customer service to better assist you in putting your ideas into fruition with the right lagoon for your space. You can find these specialty shops online too where it will be a lot easier to browse their products with a few clicks of your mouse.
- Seek Expert Advice – Once you have located a reputable store that specialises in building what you want why not ask for their assistance? Since there are many options to consider you might have a hard time finding the right one for your own backyard. If you have some suggestions in mind but you want to customize them to include a show these designs to the shop owner to get their advice. They are in the best position to suggest which type of design is ideal for your design and space.
- Price – Since you are on a budget, when looking for a kit that is perfect for the front or backyard that you have make sure that you shop around first. Comparing prices is a must as well as the features included so you will know which one works best for your needs and your budget too.
Adding a shed?
Like it was mentioned before, there are many kinds of small yard ideas that you can buy for your own space. If adding them is what you are planning on, look for yard designs that have incorporated this garden accessory. By simply following the tips mentioned above, you will be able to build the perfect lagoon for your backyard to increase its value and add beauty to your space as well.
There are suggestions that also integrate sheds in their designs. A storage unit is a convenience you might want to own especially if you want to have a place to keep all of your gardening tools so they won’t be scattered around the yard. Sheds these days come in a wide range of designs and styles that it won’t be impossible to find one that is just right for the space you have in your backyard.
A storage shed can come in small to big sizes so regardless of how small or big your backyard may be you can still have this structure built. Now if you have a bigger sized area to design, integrating both sheds and ponds is a good way to boost your property’s overall value. All that you have to do is to look for ideas for the back or front yard that showcase these two accessories so you can design your space appropriately.