Building a Backyard Shed (plans, kits, ideas, designs)
There are some homeowners today who are seriously considering building a backyard shed because they find it essential to their daily lives. After all where else can they place their gardening tools and equipment except here? Although you can purchase ones that are already pre-made, they do not compare the beauty of having to build one entirely from scratch. Not only can you hone your carpentry skills but you can also design it according to your needs. One thing you need to keep in mind though when building one is that there are many criterias that you need to address first.
Things to look out for
So not sure on how to build a backyard shed? But first you need to know what criterias are important and need to be fulfilled. Well, here are some steps that you should do.
- The first thing you should do is to find out the size of it that you will be building. Include the skylight, windows and the door too in your measurements. If you want to get a better idea on the amount of space you will be needing take into account the number of tools you will be storing including those bigger equipment such as the lawn mower. You should also factor in the space you will need to be able to move around inside it.
- Determine where you will be installing it. As a rule, it is recommended that you build it in the same place where you want to put your shed so you don’t have to worry about moving it to another place.
- Look for kits. If you are not too sure on how to build a sturdy unit you might want to look for plans to assist you. There are many places where you can get these detailed designs like home improvement magazines and even online. Don’t forget to visit hardware stores since they too allow you to buy backyard shed plans on sale.
- Prepare your tools and materials. Once you have acquired a good plan for your unit you should then start preparing the tools you will need as well as buy the materials needed for the project. Don’t forget to include treatment products for your materials that will be placed on the ground to avoid rapid deterioration.
Perfect Storage for Your Patio Furniture
It can also be used to store your patio furniture when they are not in use. Simply fold the chairs and tables so you can store them in an organized fashion. The best thing about them is that you can design it according to your needs. This is indeed helpful especially if you will be matching it with the design of your patio. By creating the same design and style you will be able to blend this structure with the rest of your outdoor design for that perfect look.
Clearly, there are many benefits to be had when you choose to have it on your lot. Not only can you use it for storage but it can also add value to your space too. What’s more, you can improve your building skills as well which is an advantage especially if you are planning on building more structures on your lot. With the help of backyard kits or plans available today, it won’t be long before you can build the perfect unit for your own use.
In case you are thinking of giving your yard a facelift it would be better if you consider building something that is not only beautiful but functional as well. A storage unit for the backyard will never go out of place in your yard especially when you will be customizing it according to your needs.
Backyard Plans – An Economical Way to Build Sheds
Adding a shed to your backyard is one way to address any storage issues that you may be having in your home and with the right plans you will be able to complete this project of yours in no time. Although it is not that bad to create an extra room in the house to accommodate your things there are times when the space you have is not enough to hold another room. If this is the case going for a shed is recommended. After all, building it is a whole cheaper compared to building an entirely new room indoor.
Buying Backyard planning ideas for sale aren’t hard to find but finding decent free ones especially when you have the Internet and even home improvement magazines can help you save money. These plans are not just focused on how you can decorate your backyard but can also give you detailed plans on how to build one entirely on your own. This is a good idea if you want to save money while at the same time crafting a whole new storage area for your outdoor things.
How to start planning
Like it was mentioned before, you won’t have a hard time finding the best plans to use. However, there are some considerations that need to be addressed first before settling with a plan and these are:
- Space Available – Before you can decide on which idea you will be using it is important that you know how much space available you can work with. You can do this by measuring your yard and deciding where you will be placing it. This is important if you want to get the right type.
- Budget – Money is always a factor in many home improvement jobs and if this is your first time to build something on your own, it is important that you set a budget first before you start anything. Having a budget means you can easily narrow down the list of ideas that you can use for your project. This saves you plenty of time and money in the long run once you start on the right track.
- Function – Building it just for the sake having one isn’t such a bright idea. You need to know too how you will be using this new addition to your yard so you will know which type to do. There are numerous small backyard ideas for sale or for free and without knowing how you will be using it you won’t be able to make a smart decision regarding the design, size and type to do. It would be a shame to find yourself spending money on a structure that won’t be put to good use that is why it is best that you know first how you will be using it.
- Expertise – Another factor that needs to be addressed prior is to know your level of expertise in carpentry work. If you are well versed in this field then this won’t be a problem. However, for first timers it is better that you go with something easy first or you can hire someone else to do the job for you. The only downside to hiring someone is that you will be paying for their skills which can add to your expenses.
Using Pre Built Sheds
Using free or buying plans for the backyard are indeed helpful especially to those who see themselves as DIYers. However, for those who have limited skills in carpentry but would like to build one on their own it would be much better if you look for pre built sheds instead of making one entirely from scratch. They contain materials that are pre cut and ready to assemble on your own. What’s more, they are considerably cheaper since you don’t have to buy materials. They can be bought in kits where a detailed plan on how to assemble the whole thing is indicated.
They can be downloaded for free or by paying a small fee. Either way having access to these plans can make your shed building project a whole lot easier to do since you have a guide to follow. Make sure that you consider any ideas carefully so you will get the best one for your place.