If you are planning on installing a swimming pool in your own backyard, you should do some research on fences to determine which one is right for you. Most American homes do have one on their property but installing one isn’t the only thing that you need to think about. It is also important that you consider the safety and security of those who will be using the hence the need for fences. Taking the time to look at pool fence ideas can help protect your family especially the younger ones from accidents especially when there is a body of water that they can access. If you are planning on getting pne for your home, make sure that you choose one that you really like and actually pass the local laws and regulations on fences.
Swimming Pool Fences – Factors to Think Of
Like it was mentioned before, when it comes to fences, you need to take the time to follow certain considerations. Here are some that you need to keep in mind.
- Local Safety Regulations – Depending on where you are living, there are certain rules and regulations when it comes to fences. Here are some common rules to follow:
- Fence height – the fence should be at least four feet in height to keep away young kids from accessing the pool.
- No hand or foot holds – removing any possible hand or foot holds can keep your kids from getting into it.
- Vertical slats spacing – the slats should be at least four inches apart to keep kids from squeezing through.
- Construction of the gate – the gate for it should swing outwards instead of inwards and that the latch should be facing towards the pool.
- Space in between the grade and the fence – the spacing should be around one and three quarters only to prevent kids from going under your fences to get to the pool.
- Materials for the Fences – Aside from security and safety, you should also consider the overall appeal of your fences as well as the time you can spend in maintaining it.
- Aluminum pool fence – if you want to show off this type is worth it. Not only is it easy to install but it is also easy to maintain. The only flaw in choosing this material for it s is that it won’t serve much when it comes to privacy.
- PVC – if you are after low maintenance, this one is worth considering. You can install this type of fence on your property where it can provide you with ample security and beauty at the same time. However, this type of fence is usually prone to mildew if not taken care of properly.
- Wood – if you want to add a touch of rusticity to it, wood ones is worth considering. Not only will you see quite a number of styles and designs for wood fences but you can also get to enjoy more privacy and easy installation. The only problem is that since you will be using wood materials for this, it requires regular maintenance to avoid wood rot and other forms of deterioration.
Swimming Pool Fences – Fence Panels for Sale
Now that you have a good idea on what factors to consider when looking is to find fence panels for sale. If you want to have one that are made from aluminum, you should look for shops selling wholesale aluminum fence materials. This can help you save money because you are buying in bulk.
Keeping in mind the factors mentioned above can help you land the perfect one to install on your property. If you are not sure what are the local laws on fences in your area, you should inquire first prior to purchasing. This way, you won’t be wasting money on fences that are not allowed in your area. It would be better to get swimming pool fences that not only passes the local laws but also passes your preferences as well.