Taking advantage of free flooring samples is an effective way of getting the right flooring for your home. However, this is not the only thing that you should keep in mind when you shop for new floors since there are some traps that might be sprung on you if you are not careful where you buy your replacement ones. According to reviews, it is not a surprise to find even non-flooring shops selling materials. If you are going to buy here, you should know that their prices are relatively higher compared to buying in stores that specialize in flooring for sale. This is why it is recommended that you go to the experts when shopping for one.
Free Flooring Samples – Traps and How to Avoid Them
Getting samples is well and good but did you know that this can also be a trap you’re setting yourself up with? Here are some common pitfalls when looking for new floors for the home.
• Many Free Flooring Samples – Although it was mentioned before that getting your hands on samples is a good way for you to get an idea on what type of floors is appropriate for your home, sometimes bringing home a lot can be confusing instead of helpful. A handful of samples are good enough but getting two dozen or more is already bordering on the ridiculous. Not only will this cloud your memory on which one looked great on your floors but you will end up being more confused than before. There are many stories where customers bring home a lot that they ended up not buying because they can’t make up their mind at all.
Most experts in recommend that before you get another sample is to take a closer look at the first one. Don’t go overboard just because they mentioned free samples. You need to carefully consider each option before you buy one.
• Different Light – No matter how much you want to make sure that you are getting the best floor for your home, waiting for natural lighting to change can take you the whole day before you make a final decision.
• Types of Products – Most products have their own variations not just in colors but also in designs, styles and materials. You can get them as tiles or planks too. There are some types for sale that have light to dark variations as well. If you are not really familiar about the variations, asking for assistance is a must since the salesclerk will be more than willing to help you out.
• Purchasing Sticker Price – A lot of customers often fall for this trap. Even if you love one that is handed out to you, never go for the price of the sticker of your flooring. This will only give the salesclerk the impression that you are an easy sell. Haggle with the price if you can.
• Contract – As much as you have been won over by the samples given to you by flooring manufacturers, it is always a must that you pay attention to the contract of purchase before anything else. Inquire about the fee for re-stocking so you don’t end up losing more money in the process.
• Forgetting to Register Your Floor – Most manufacturers require their customers to register their newly bought floors for warranty purposes. Forgetting to do this will be a big blow to your wallet in case you need to replace or repair them.
Free Flooring Samples for Laminated Floors
Regardless of whether you will be buying laminated floors or hardwood, taking the time to look at the store’s samples can help you out. According to reviews, laminated floors are among those highly recommended especially to those who are looking for affordable one that will fit their budget. If you are living in a household where you don’t have time to maintain your floors or that many people come and go, you need laminated floors to withstand the usual hustle and bustle of your home without deteriorating.
If you feel that your needs some makeover and you can’t decide which one to get, check out free samples from flooring stores and see which one will work best for your home.