Great Basement Bathroom Ideas to Utilize Available Space
Changing an old home with some great basement bathroom ideas can certainly create a more interesting not to mention more modern look to any old household. For homeowners who are living in an older house, they find that renovating it is not that difficult. This is due to the fact that older homes have more detailed designs and even stronger structures compared to the more modern residences. Although many homeowners find that older homes don’t have sufficient bath rooms to accommodate their family, the available space seems to be endless.
If you want to install an additional bathrooms in an old home, the best place to utilize is the basement. This place is often used as either a storage area for items that are no longer needed or sometimes as the wash area. Most homeowners don’t pay attention to the basement because it has already been a tradition to use this as storage or wash area. Fortunately, in these changing times homeowners are in need of more space hence the basements are converted into something more functional.
4 Factors to Consider
Turning the basement into a new functional room is pretty exciting because you can do whatever you please. You can convert it into a playroom, a game room or even a movie room if you wish. If you want to make the most out of this space in your home, make sure that you consider adding a bathroom. This added convenience will most certainly be welcome especially when you are bonding with your family or friends. However, if you are having a hard time coming up with a plan, you might want to take advantage of the available ideas today.
Of course, getting an idea isn’t just the only step you should take. There are still some factors that you need to think of before proceeding to renovating your entire basement. Here are some that worth taking note of.
Available Space – Much as you would like to have a sprawling bathrooms with copper bathtubs in your basement, there are times when this just wouldn’t do. This is true especially when the space you have available is somewhat cramped. If you have limited space to work with, look for ideas that are suited for this kind of area so you can make use of every single space you have.
Lighting –You should think of how you will light your space. Adding windows for natural light may not be allowed depending on the layout of your home and basement. If there is a provision for adding windows, incorporating it into your project will be worth it because you are allowing natural light to filter in. On the other hand, finding the right lighting fixtures can certainly create a more interesting area for you to use.
Plumbing – The basement is typically the place where you will see the entire plumbing system of the home. Since you will see pipes running up and down the basement, you should consider where you will be installing your basement bathroom. One way to take advantage of this is to install it as close as possible to your plumbing system. This can certainly save you money in the long run not to mention make it easier for you to install new plumbing.
Half Bath or Full Bath – You should consider whether or not you will be getting half or full bathrooms for your basement. A full one has all the necessary fixtures and accessories like copper bathtubs, windows and cabinetries. On the other hand, half bathrooms are recommended for compact basements.
Working with Copper Bathtubs
If you have enough space in your basement to really splurge, why not install copper bathtubs? This type of bathtub is certainly a throw back to the older days which can add more elegance and sophistication. This type of bathtub isn’t hard to find since there are several manufacturers that still make them. However, the price tag attached to it may not be as affordable as you think but if you are going to invest on something to re-create one of the ideas you have seen in magazines or online, feel free to consider this option.
Bathroom Remodeling Costs – How to Get the Right Amount
There are many homeowners today who want to know how to compute their bathroom remodeling costs so they can get a better idea on how much money they will need to revamp their bathroom. These days, many homeowners are starting to pay attention to the design ever since it became a place for them to unwind and relax after a busy day. Before, people use it for a few minutes only but ever since designers and other homeowners have found that this room can give them comfort and peace at times they become determined to transform it into a place to relieve their stress easily. The only problem is that when it comes to determining the costs, they seem to be at a loss on how to do this. If you want to get a much better idea on the cost, you might want to read on.
Factors that Can Affect the Price
The cost of upgrading the look of it can certainly vary depending on what kind of remodeling you will be doing. It has been a common sight to see online that many upgrades cost around $4,000 to $15,000 at least. Sometimes, it is even more difficult to get a ballpark figure on how much the project will cost on your own unless you consult an expert in remodeling. Just to give you an idea on what factors can affect the overall cost of the remodeling project, here are some that you should include in your list.
1. Space – If you are planning on remodeling the entire one you should determine what is the dimensions of it so you can get a detailed estimate of materials to be used.
2. Materials – After determining the space you will work with, you should also determine what kind of materials you will be using. It can be affected by the type of material as well as its individual price as well. This is true for those who will be replacing their old tiles, counter tops and other fixtures as well.
3. Labor – Will you be hiring someone to revamp it? Or will you be the one to do the entire thing? This is a question you should ask yourself before renovating your bathroom because it can affect the cost of your project. Include bathtub installation as well when renovating your bathroom especially when you need to replace the old unit with a new one.
4. Time – Just like any project that you have worked on, you should have an estimate on the duration of the project. This is important especially when you will hire someone to do the work.
DIY Bathtub Installation
In order for you to get the total budget, you should have a plan in mind. Designing a bathroom beforehand can be very useful especially when it comes to deciding what materials you need to purchase and whether you need to remove something from your existing setup.
Part of remodeling it includes determining whether or not you need to replace or install new items to it. If you have been considering adding a new bathtub, you should think about whether you will be the one to do the bathtub installation or let the experts handle it. Of course, if you will letting someone else do the job for you, you need to include in your budget their labor services. Now, if you consider yourself as a DIY expert, then installing a new bathtub may just be a job for you.
As you can see, these factors can add up to the overall cost. However, keep in mind that revamping the look of it can provide you with plenty of benefits in the long run. It can increase the value of your property and it can also provide you with a place to recuperate after a long day. Regardless of whether you have a budget or not, getting the costs can certainly help you plan your remodeling project better.
3 Benefits of Deep Bathtubs
Nowadays, deep bathtubs are literally making a splash in the market. Although there are literally dozens of bathtub designs and styles for you to choose from, there is something about one of these that draws the interest of many homeowners.
Gone are the days when bathrooms are equipped with the traditional one. Now, many manufacturers are coming up with smart designs for tubs that can fit all kinds of bathroom without affecting their overall design. This is quite impressive but can be a bit difficult for homeowners to come up with a smart choice on which one is right for them.
What Can You Get
For those who are looking for a new one, you might have come across deep bathtubs during your search. This type is completely different from the tubs that you are used to but what can you get out of this? Well, here are the three top benefits that you can get from them.
1. Compact Design – Can you believe that small bathrooms can actually hold a bathtub? Thanks to deep bathtubs it is now possible for any household with cramped spaces to enjoy the luxury bathtubs often provide. Its compact design is made to fit all kinds of space. A cramped space can appear bigger when you install this kind of tub.
2. Unique Bath Experience – Relieving the stress from your body after a hard day’s work is often done by soaking in one. With a deep one, you can get to soak your body all the way up to the neck which can help you soothe away those cramped muscles. You cannot get this kind of luxurious bathing from any other type out there. This is also one reason why many homeowners are looking for them for their home. If you want to make the most out of it is choosing one with a jacuzzi built in can help you rejuvenate and restore your body but of course you need to take account the cost that accompanies this alterations.
3. Variety of Styles – The best thing about this type is that it comes in a wide range of styles and designs. One particular design that is all the rage nowadays is the corner deep bathtub. This one is perfect for small spaces because it helps open more space for you to utilize. You can add storage spaces at the foot of the tub or you can add other decorative designs to it to make it look better.
Any homeowner who wants to revamp the look is probably by installing a deep bathtub often want to know how much their rebath cost will be. This is not a surprise since the times are becoming more difficult and everyone would like to save a dollar or two. Although there are some ones that may appear a bit expensive if you want to invest on a quality tub you should make room for their price in your budget.
There are other factors that can affect the rebath cost. Among these are replacing the tiles, resurfacing the counter and even changing the lighting fixtures. Of course, you also need to take into account the cost of hiring workers to remodel it as well. If you’ll be the one to do the work such as installing it, then you can save a lot. However, make sure that you have the skills and materials to do the work otherwise it is better to have someone do it for you.
Remodeling it can be costly especially when you will be doing a major makeover. If you are just planning on installing a new one, you still need to take into account how much work will be required on your part to do it. Will you be tearing down a section of your wall? Are you going to hire an expert installer? These questions alone can already give you an idea on the rebath cost.
If you are after a bit of luxury for your bathroom, looking at some styles can help you decide whether or not they fit well with your needs, preferences and your budget.