How to build a Concrete Patio & Ideas
Building a concrete patio in your yard is one way for you to enjoy the beauty of the outdoor with your family and friends. There are different types to choose from but concrete is one of the most popular today. You can design it in anyway you like. As a matter of fact, your creativity is the only limitation when building this extension of your home. If this is your first time to remodel your yard, you should look for designs in magazines and online to get some inspiration for your next home improvement project.
Buying Concrete Patio Ideas? Get here are some free ones
Since you are redesigning your yard to add a patio you should go for materials that can last you for decades. Out of all the options this type is highly recommended. The best thing about them is that you are not limited to the usual gray toned color but you can make use of colored and stamped style to create a beautiful space. Here are some examples of concrete patio designs that you can use when redesigning your yard.
- Stained Concrete – This particular type can be produced by using a staining agent that is acid based. The acid will penetrate the material and create various patterns depending on the color of the stain that you will be using. One advantage to using this type of material is that the new look you have won’t be easily damaged or chipped because it is embedded in it. Although there is a limited choice of colors for staining it there are plenty of methods being studied and used to create more options.
- Stenciled Concrete – If you want it to look like you have wooden floors or marble then go for this type. You can bring out your creativity too by getting different stencil patterns to apply onto the surface of it.
- Stamped Concrete – If you are looking for an alternative to brick or pavers then this type is a must. This particular type has various designs stamped onto its surface which you can then assemble to create it. You can make it appear like it is made from bricks, stones or marble thanks to the various stamped designs.
- Pavers – This is a much better option compared to masonry pavers. Not only is this type durable but it also comes in a wide range of designs, colors and sizes that you can apply on your yard to create the best patio.
- Engraving – Add more pattern to it with this type. With the design directly engraved onto it won’t fade or deteriorate.
Adding a shed beside it
Remodeling your yard doesn’t end with building a patio. In fact it is just the beginning since there are a lot of improvements you can do to it. One example of this is adding storage shed on your yard so you can keep your outdoor furniture when not in use. There are pre-built sheds sold in home improvement stores today but if you want to handle the construction on your own you might want to start looking for plans to guide you in building one.
These plans can be bought or downloaded for free. Regardless of how you will be obtaining one you should look for plans that are completely detailed so you won’t have any problems during construction. Look for plans that contain the materials to use, the detailed dimensions of the shed and the step-by-step instructions. Complete shed plans may cost you some money but if you want to build a sturdy storage area for your outdoor things then investing on one is highly recommended.
There is no doubt that a patio is wonderful addition to anyone’s yard. After all, concrete is known for its durability and sturdiness so you don’t have to worry about your yard flooring breaking apart in just a few months. With the different types of materials to choose from such as those mentioned above building one would definitely be an enjoyable project for you to do.