You should start thinking about your basement wall systems after you have finished doing repairs such as fixing cracked drywall and plugging any water leaks coming from your plumbing system. Renovating itcan be both challenging and exciting at the same time especially for homeowners who prefer to do things on their own. You can already imagine what you want to do with your basement since you have been fixing it up for something grand. According to basement reviews, if you are planning on revamping the look of your it, building walls may be a good idea to create more space for you to work with. For those who will be handling their renovation you need to learn a few things to pull this off successfully.
Building Basement Wall Systems
How to build walls in a basement? This is a question that you might be asking yourself especially if you plan on tackling adding wall systems in your home. Well, for all you DIYers out there, the first thing that you need to take into account when building walls is to plan it carefully. Planning carefully where you will be placing the walls in the basement is important because it will be the final spot where you will build them. Once you have idea on the layout of the systems, everything will follow smoothly including designing .
Here are a few things that you need to remember when it comes to setting up besides knowing what to buy for your basement.
- Leave 1” space from the exterior wall to the backside of your new wall – This is a good practice to apply when planning. If you will be using your new walls to border the existing ones, make sure that you apply this rule.
- Clean your floors first – Part of building is to use a chalk to indicate your layout. You won’t be able to see your chalk lines if your floor is covered with dirt. Make sure that you sweep any dirt or debris that you see.
- Create inside squares for it. Afterwards, mark your exterior walls then work your way to interior walls.
- You should also snap and mark lines for the stairs.
- After you have finished marking the exterior and interior walls, the next stop is to layout them including new doors you will be adding to your space.
- You should transfer the markings on your floors to your ceiling before proceeding to building it up. You should ask someone to help you with your markings so everything is aligned properly from top to bottom.
- There are times when you will be using blocks while building it to make them sturdier. Once you have finished marking everything, you can now proceed to building it.
Basement Wall Systems – Renovation Costs
Now that you have an idea on how to erect the systems you should also consider the renovation costs. This is important because you will be spending money when renovating your home. If you are wondering how to finish it, you should look at some ideas for basement remodeling that you can find through online reviews. You will find basement accessories to buy. In this way you can choose from the for sale items to enhance the beauty of it. You can turn your space into more than just a storage space. You can, in fact, build an extra room, an entertainment area, and even a bar if you want. Once you have decided on how you want it to look like, you can start setting it up.
Apply the methods indicated above when erecting the wall systems so you can pull it off nicely. If you will be hiring someone to do the renovations for you, you should make sure that they have the reputation as well as expertise to handle the job. This way, you will see the results of having beautiful systems in no time. Don’t just hire the first contractor you see but do your research. Keep in mind that when it comes to wall systems you need to have a good contractor set it up for you to avoid problems in the future.