For people who are looking ways to improve their house, one of the ways that they can do is to change their house’s flooring with the use of tiles for sale. Installation is one of the most popular choices that customers have considering that the installation prices and the tile pattern that can be used. If a quality tile for sale is chosen for the installation, simply, floors changed in your house will be priceless. It will have a classic design and a classy look. The flooring will be easy to maintain and managed by the home owner.
When installing for your flooring you have to be equipped with construction materials such as tile nippers, sponges, tile cutters tape measures and a whole lot more.
Quality Tile: Steps in Installing
- First foremost you must have the general data of the measurement of the surface area that you will install your quality ones. Then you must also have the measurement that you will be using. According to reviews, after that you have to divide the total surface area that you will reconstruct by the size of the tile that you will be using. Through this you can now have the amount of number that you will need to cover your area quota. It is vital to have a stock of extra ones because during the process they can easily break and if you have just the fixed amount, you may run out of supply and there can be delays in the construction of your flooring.
- Next is to assure that the area that you will install it is clean. Clean the area and dry it thoroughly so there will be no aberrations in the installation of your quality ones. If the area of installation is near an electrical outlet, you must assure that the power is off and the cover plate is removed.
- After which, you will now lay down on the dry floor and make the floor pattern that you planned. Make sure that you will make a way to use more full ones in the area so that you will not be required to do lots of cutting of the tiles to make it fit to the area. This will save you time, energy and effort.
- With the use of a notched trowel you have to place the appropriate amount of adhesive that is required first in a small area of the flooring and then place the first one and position it correctly. You have to make sure that it sticks to the adhesive firmly and that it is leveled with others. Make sure to have a space distance from the other. Place it by row and finish one row at a time before you move on to another row until the whole surface area is covered by the tile.
- If there are spaces left in your flooring that aren’t covered because the full size doesn’t fit, you may use a saw blade or cutter to cut the it into the size that fits the vacant space. In cutting the tile make sure that you have the exact measurement and that it won’t break while you are cutting it.
- If there are noticeable excess adhesive in the work area be sure to remove it before it dries. Be sure to give the adhesive enough time to dry and stick the tiles in place. Some adhesives dry overnight but for assurance, follow the manufacturers instruction with regard to the drying of the adhesive used.
- When the adhesive is finally dry, remove the spacers that you placed and follow the direction of the product manufacturer in mixing and making grout that will be used in regrouting. Buy a rubber float in placing the grout in visible cracks in between of the tiles. Remove the excess grout using the rubber float that you used as well in applying it.
- Using a wet sponge, remove the haze caused by the grout application and splash it with water.
Quality Tile – Distributors
Installation can be done by yourself if you have the confidence that you can do the work properly. According to reviews, but if you have doubts and you want a quality end product you might as well hire a professional to install your flooring. Installing quality tiles is not that difficult as long as you have the necessary equipments and the materials that will be used.