Tips on buying vanity bathroom mirrors
Vanity mirrors for bathroom can certainly give a different impact. They can be used to bounce the light coming from different light sources around your space which can help make small spaces look larger.
These mirrors are sometimes used for ornamental purposes or used as a simple mirror only depending on the layout and its interior design. When buying bathroom mirrors it should compliment the fixtures that are already in place.
How to select them:
- First decide the size of the bathroom vanity mirror. A smaller mirror is great for many, if not the majority of them. A much bigger mirror is more suitable for a larger one or you can put another mirror so that it is shared by numerous people.
- Settle on the budget. When buying vanity mirrors for bathroom make it a point to know what your budget is. If your plan is to purchase a mirror just to revamp the look of it make sure that you have a set budget in mind.
- Consider the mirror frame. Customizing frames for mirrors is also an option. You can make custom borders using designer frames from a frame store or specialty shop. If you want, you can get a frameless mirror to hang on your walls.
- You need to consider also the mirror’s overall function. Get a plain mirror if your goal is just to see your reflection. If you want to get more out of them, consider their overall design too when choosing one.
- Keep an eye on the fashion and form of the mirror. This will make it look identical and structured which can make your space more interesting to look at.
- If you are going to install the mirror permanently, use nails or liquid glue. You can also use brackets or wires if you want to reposition your mirror when needed.
- Prior to buying them check out some hardware store, magazines and showrooms and online dealers for product design and reviews. Also ask for warranties and return policies.
How to install them
- Most of them are either framed or frameless which are glued to the wall and or assemble on the rear of the counter. Assess the position of the mirror by holding it up to the wall and mark the best location using a pencil.
- When mounting framed mirrors use brackets on the back which are intended to affix to the wall hooks. Bathroom mirrors hooks for light mirror come with nails while the heavy ones are mounted by means of screwing straight into the wood stud. And to make mounting easier a picture frame rope can be attached between the brackets on the back of the structure and mount to the wall suing a screw.
- Mounting frameless mirror in master bathrooms is a bit different. A mirror with no brackets on the rear usually use clips to hold it up. Larger ones use clips and adhesive. Mirror glue is applied to the reverse side of the mirror and is mounted into place. Push the mirror against the wall lightly and equally to avoid cracklings.
These steps are just the basics of installing vanity mirrors. Master bathrooms that are in need of new mirrors will certainly benefit from having this type installed in them. Fortunately, it isn’t really that hard to find the perfect one nowadays because there are plenty of home improvement stores that have them for sale. You just need to spare some time to look at the available selections so you can get the right one for you.
Keeping the steps mentioned above can help you install a new vanity mirror on your own. You can even add more decorations around it to create a more striking look. You can opt for simple vanity mirrors or the more elegant styles depending on the budget that you have.
There is no shortage of options when buying elegant vanity mirrors today. You just need to weigh your options carefully when it comes to searching for the best ones, so you can get the right one for your needs.
Upgrade Your Bathroom With Designer Mirrors
Designer mirrors play an important role in the overall beauty of one’s bathroom. There has been a saying before that only those who don’t mind being stared at as they go about their business are those that don’t employ the use of them.
Keeping yourself looking sharp is essential especially when you go to work or meet other people and what better way to do this than look at how you put yourself together using one. They are quite handy when it comes to viewing yourself but did you know that they can do more than just show your reflection?
They can also give it a more comely appearance because they help bounce the light coming from your lighting fixtures while at the same time making it appear bigger than it is.
What are they?
There are a lot of people who are wondering why they should buy Designer Mirrors for it when there are far cheaper alternatives out there to choose from. Well, as the name suggests, this type is of the highest quality with features encompassing not just the ability to reflect images but it is also designed to give you an aesthetically pleasing look and proper magnification above all.
When looking for them you will find that it has different types for you to choose from. Here are some that you are sure to come across when shopping for one.
1. Non-framed/ Framed – If you are aiming for a minimalist look for it, the non-framed type of designer mirrors is recommended. It has a clean and well defined features that will fit right into your bathroom making everything look more streamlined and modern looking. Ones with frames add a touch of rusticity to your space which you can pair up with rustic bathroom vanities to complete the look you are trying to achieve.
2. Illuminated Mirrors – As the name suggests, this type has lighting embedded or incorporated into it. You can opt for the general lighted ones where light bulbs are affixed on the border, backlit or LED lighted mirrors. You can find a wide array of options for lighted ones so you should take your time in deciding which one best works for your space.
3. Round or Square Mirrors – They also come in different shapes and styles. Art déco mirrors come in stylish shapes that can certainly add more character to your walls. Another style that you might want to consider is the contemporary mirror. This type follows the latest trend with clean designs that can fit perfectly with any theme that you may have in mind. Wooden mirrors are equipped with borders made from different types of wood. Off-beat mirrors are those that come in unique shapes that are a bit whimsical in design. Depending on your sense of style and artistic inclination, these types of designer mirrors are definitely worth checking out for it.
Choosing them for Rustic Bathroom Vanities
Based on the types mentioned above, you will find that there are indeed a wide array of options for you to consider when looking for the perfect one for your master bathroom. Much as you would love to get a truly unique looking mirror for you to use you should take into account how it will function when placed in your space. You still need to consider the lighting, space as well as ventilation when looking for them. What’s more, if you have vanities on hand, you also need to think about which type will work nicely with the existing furniture.
If you are having a hard time finding them, spare some time to do some research on them. It would be nice if you can get to chat with some experts to help you narrow your selection. Adding the right mirror can certainly give it the edge it needs while at the same time giving you ample viewing whenever you wash up. With the number of choices for them available nowadays, it won’t take you too long to find one that will fit in nicely with the rest of your furniture and fixtures.