Tips on Choosing & Buying a Motorcycle Shed
If you are the proud owner of a bike it only stands to reason for you to get a motorcycle storage shed to keep it safe and sound. Leaving it parked on your yard or out on the street is not recommended especially when there are burglars and robbers around.
Constant exposure to the weather can also take its toll to your bike that is why it is best that you keep it in a place where there are walls and a roof overhead. This is why buying an outdoor shelter for your motorcycle is highly recommended. The tricky part, however, is to find the right one for your bike.
Motorcycle Shed Types and Ideas
Instead of being overwhelmed with the number of options presented to you, there are some factors that you can use to narrow down your selection pool. Here are some that you can make use of when searching for the best outdoor storage unit to purchase.
- Materials – There are three types of materials that are commonly used. These are plastic, wood and metal. Each of these materials has its own pros and cons that you need to know before making a decision. Just to help you out, here are some information that you might want to keep in mind:
- Plastic – This type is a bit expensive but this drawback is well compensated with the fact that this type of material doesn’t suffer from condensation. There are plenty of designs to consider too that can add more character to your space and your home as well. Another downside to owning plastic sheds for motorcycles is that constant exposure to sunlight can cause it to deteriorate and the colors can be affected too. To avoid this, it is best that you put it in a shady area on your yard.
- Wood – One advantage to owning one that is made from wood is that it provides your bike with proper insulation. Wood is not affected much by the sun but it can be damaged by constant rain and snow unless you choose wood that can withstand constant exposure to various weather elements.
- Metal – This type is the most popular because it is fairly cheap. However, metal materials are prone to condensation which can also affect your bike. What’s more, they lack the appeal that wood and plastic have.
- Flooring – You should decide whether you should get one with flooring or without one. If you want to provide added security and safety to your prized possession it would be better if you get one that has floors. A wooden floor that is raised prevents moisture from seeping underneath. Sometimes installing a concrete slab is recommended to better protect your bike from moisture forming on the floor.
Beside a Small Garden
You might be thinking that a shed can ruin the overall look of your yard. This can be easily avoided if you have a backyard plan on hand. There are many garden designs today that you can apply to your own space. Of course, you need to know how much space is available so you can easily narrow down your selection pool. Even if you have a small backyard this won’t be too much of a problem especially when you can simply look for a small garden design to use.
When searching for a small garden design make sure that you consider the location of it so that everything will flow into one another and that you can avoid overcrowding your space. It can still be incorporated into a small garden provided that you make space for it. Afterwards, you can look for a small garden design where you can add a pathway, some plants and even outdoor furniture for a more interesting look. It doesn’t matter whether you have a small backyard. There is always a good design that you can use where you can buy a storage shed for your motorcycle without crowding you.
Keeping your vehicle safe and sound is a must. After all this possession of yours can be easily taken if you leave it without adequate protection. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, go for cheap motorcycle sheds like metal but take note of its downside before you invest on one. With just a few minutes of your time doing research you can find the perfect kind to purchase. Don’t forget to read some Motorcycle Shed reviews to help you make the best choice.