For some people, putting up a kitchen center island may seem like the last thing on their minds. However, a center island is actually a practical addition to any kitchen because it adds a great storage, seating and work space for any homeowner to enjoy their time cooking and preparing food at home.
There are a lot of things that makes it wonderful. A great number of people who remodel their homes find that it is a great addition and is a great element of design to stand against granite or marble countertops and floors that are ornately tiled or treated with a wonderful flooring treatment.
Trendy Kitchen Center Island Types and Styles
On the other hand, there is the freestanding kitchen type, which is a model where you can move the main components. You will find that the drawers and closets in these home types may have wheels or are not fixed directly to the ceiling, the wall or the floor, and because of this type of model, you will find that this type is more versatile and affordable than a fitted kitchen.
This is also ideal for people who are renting out a place or are keen on moving to a better home. This gives them the free will to still have one without the need to commit to a remodeling project that will cost time and money.
This is also an ideal kitchen model type for those who are just starting out, renting a new place, or have bought a home for the first time. A popular addition to this home model is a furniture cart, which is a movable shelf which can house a lot of utensils essential for cooking.
Either way, you can still have one no matter which house model you may choose. For a fittec kitchen, you may want to consider a fitting that includes a island that matches to the rest of countertops in your home. Ideal countertops are granite and metal, as they can take the heat while being sanitary at the same time.
For a freestanding kitchen, you will find that it is made out of metal or any other stone slab such as granite or marble may be too heavy. For freestanding kitchens, you can opt for a polished wood countertop for the center island, which can insulate heat of hot pans, while being a great place to prepare food for cooking at the same time.
The Importance of Putting a Kitchen Center Island and a Furniture Cart
The importance of one is that it works for any type, for any person who is looking for more out of it. It can be used for storage, as a place to add an oven, a pullout fridge, a microwave oven and the like. It also works great as a work space and an area to eat and to entertain by just adding a couple of seats around.
A center island may be the last thing that you would think of when remodelling a kitchen, but it is a great addition simply. It is a great installation which should be considered as an essential to any open kitchen space.
There is no need for you to stick with the traditional kitchen layout where you only get to see the walls of it when cooking especially now that there are plans with island to take advantage of. Nowadays, they are fast becoming in demand. However, before you get one for your home you need to come up with a plan first.
They are very much needed if you want to have the best cooking experience there is. Having a plan can help you determine where you will be placing the equipment, furniture and island so that everything flows with one another. If you want to update the look of it, you should definitely look for one so you will be able to accomplish your work successfully in one try.
Kitchen Plans with Island Layouts
Before you look for one make sure that you have done your research. This includes measuring the entire space, the dimensions of kitchen island that you want, its design as well as its shape, the type of counter top you want, drawers, cabinets, and shelving among others. There are many types, ideas, styles and more.
Measuring the dimensions of your kitchen will help you determine the shape and size of the island that you will get. Keep in mind that the size of the island is based on the space available that is why when looking for one you will find that they cater not just to the big sized kitchens but to the smaller ones as well. It is important that you measure correctly because you want to be able to walk around your island without bumping into edges. After finalizing the shape and the size of it you can now proceed with the design of it.
If you want to make the most out of your new area you should take the time to look for it that suits your needs. Look for plans that offer several features that you might need including cabinets, drawers, shelves and even racks. You should also consider whether you will get them that have built in stove tops or just a simple countertop. Most have have also included other things like refrigerators, wall cabinets, dishwasher and sink in their design so you won’t run out of ideas on when it comes to upgrading the look.
Among the popular shapes that you will see when you search for it are circular and rectangular. Again, this varies depending on the size of the kitchen space available. For most homeowners, a rectangular island is ideal for them especially since they want to have additional storage. Rectangular shaped islands have provision for cabinets and drawers underneath which are quite handy. However, don’t you dare dismiss circular one because there are some designs that are not just stylish but functional as well.
When you look at kitchen plans with island you will find some designs where portable carts are used so you can have the option to move the island around when needed. A serving cart shouldn’t be limited to this area only but you can take it even into the dining area and living room for added counter for your dishes. Even your outdoor patio can be a good place to roll this island into especially when you have a cookout with family and friends.
Without one you won’t be able to get the most out of your space. Laying out what you want and furniture is critical to the beauty and function of your space. If you are ready to give it a facelift make sure that you take the time to look for it today.
Planning Your Kitchen Layout
There is no doubt that the kitchen is the heart of the home hence the need for layout that will help everyone enjoy their time here. Most people tend to congregate around the kitchen even if they won’t cook anything. There is warmth here that cannot be found in the rest of the house and with food within easy reach there is no doubt why most of the family members visit this spot many times in a day. This is why it is important that you have a good layout so that everyone will have the best time here whether cooking or just simply hanging out with one another.
If the existing kitchen in your home is not up to your standards and you plan on revamping it you should carefully plan it to get the best results. Regardless of how small or big your space may be, by planning where your kitchen items will be going you will have a functional and beautiful kitchen to work on. Here are some tips that can help you with designing your layout so you can get the job done faster and easier.
- Draw Your Layout – Visualizing your kitchen in mind is alright but putting it on paper is a must since this can help you get a better grasp of how it will look like in the future. By drawing the layout on paper you will be able to show it to a contractor to discuss any changes you would like it to have and whether they have any suggestions to offer. Laying out the kitchen and the area beside it whether it is another room or hallway can help give you a much better idea on how to create the perfect kitchen for you and the family.
- Consider the Work Triangle for the Kitchen – When planning it you should consider the work triangle in the kitchen which is composed of the refrigerator, the sink and the cooking area. These three are the frequently used parts of it, which is why you need to plan how you will put them in your layout. One thing you need to keep in mind when you try to layout your kitchen is to make sure that these three flow into one another.
- Installing Kitchen Island– Another aspect to planning it is adding an island. There are some ones where this is a necessity which is why it should be considered when redesigning your space. An island is a welcome addition since it adds more surface for you to work on. Also you can utilize the area underneath as additional storage. Sometimes the kitchen island can be converted into a serving area too so this is a great furniture piece to consider when drawing your kitchen layout.
- Counters and Cabinets – If you are thinking about it you should also include the counters and cabinets in your planning. These two are essential parts since the counter offers you a working surface and the cabinets are for storing purposes. Based on the space that you have you should choose a layout that won’t make it look overcrowded.
- Appliances – You should also take into account existing appliances when revising the layout. This is important especially if you want to avoid bumping into them when you move around. It is best that you put all the frequently used appliances within easy reach or in areas where there is enough room for you to prepare your dishes.
Looking for Cabinets
The layout won’t be complete if you don’t consider your existing cabinets. Knowing how they will contribute to your new design is integral in determining whether you need to remove them or not. Keep in mind that there are many cabinet designs available today so if your existing cabinets are no longer working for you, you should look for ideas that can make it more functional.
If you are working with an area that has limited space you should consider getting vertical cabinets to ensure that you have enough space for other important accessories. If you have kitchen islands or trolleys in place utilize their spare areas for storage. There are a lot of things to consider when doing it that is why you need to think about this carefully.