One of the most important aspects when it comes to buying a kitchen cart island is to know how much space you have left in the kitchen for this furniture. It is true that this particular furniture piece can add more to your space because it is quite stylish and versatile. However, it can be challenging to find something that is just right for you because there are quite a lot of options for you to consider. You can save yourself a lot of headache in the long run if you actually know what factors can affect your decision making.
The best thing about it is that it is not that expensive. This furniture piece can add more value because it is an extra work station that is begging to be used. Now, you will have more space to prepare your meals and even serve them using this cart. The best part is that since the cart is equipped with wheels you will be able to move it around when needed.
Just like it was mentioned before, it would be better if you know what factors you should consider when it comes to buying a kitchen cart island.
- Size – Since there are different sizes to choose from it is important that you measure the available space so you will know the right dimensions of the cart that you will purchase.
- Material – Another important factor that needs to be considered for carts is the material used. Wood, plastic and even stainless steel are among the top choices in terms of materials for kitchen cart island. Make sure that you know their advantages and disadvantages when you buy a kitchen island.
- Design – Itcan come in many designs and styles. One effective way to narrow it down is to determine how you will use the cart. Will you be using it for extra work space or storage? How about a combination of both? These questions can help you find the best design based on your needs.
- Price – Price is everything especially for homeowners on a budget. Fortunately, it won’t deplete your savings severely but of course the design and style of the the cart will determine the price. You can compare prices from various manufacturers so you can get a good idea on the average pricing.
Kitchen Cart Island with a Butcher Block
If you want to get the most out of it why not look for one that has butcher block installed on its surface? A butcher block is a type of chopping board made from high quality wood that comes in different thickness. This type of chopping block can be built in on the surface of the kitchen cart where you can chop, slice and dice ingredients. Compared to regular chopping boards that are made from plastic or thin wood, the butcher block is much better because it doesn’t break easily and can even last for years.
You can already imagine how convenient the it is when you integrate this particular accessory especially when it comes to preparing meals or for serving dishes. Since the island cart is portable, you can wheel out of the kitchen all the way to the dining room to serve your best dish yet. You can bring it outdoors too so while you are tending the grill you can prepare the rest of the ingredients that you will be using for your outdoor cookout.
It is no surprise that many homeowners are looking towards it for additional support. With this compact sized cart they can have that extra space for cooking or for serving. The wheels attached to the cart won’t leave any marks on your floor making it quite convenient for you to wheel the island cart around with ease.
Finding the perfect cart isn’t hard as long as you know what exactly to look for. From the size of the cart, its style and of course its design, you should pay attention to your choices carefully because soon one of them will be integrated into your space. You don’t want to end up with the wrong one since this will be a waste of time and resources on your part.
Choose Only the Best Serving Carts
Who would have thought that serving carts are now being used in many kitchens around the world? Before, homeowners were always complaining about the lack of space to work on especially in terms of kitchen counter. A lot of things have changed over the years and with the existence of kitchen islands and carts, space is no longer an issue. The only thing that worries people is how they can find the best island or cart for their space especially now when there are plenty of choices to consider. With homeowners and housewives being particularly picky with their choice of furniture it is only right to know what factors need to be taken into account to make your search for them easier.
Types and Styles
There are many types of serving carts that are up for sale nowadays which makes it a bit difficult for you to find something that will work for you. You might want a particular design because it matches your theme but doesn’t have enough features for you to use or vice versa. In order to avoid these shopping blues you need to know what factors you need to look out for when you browse around stores for them.
Here are some tips to help you out.
- Counter – When looking them, the first thing that you need to consider is what material is used for the counter. Usually, wood, stainless steel and granite are used in making the counter tops because they are durable and easy to clean. Granite and stainless steel are loved by housewives because they make excellent counters when cooking since they are resistant to heat. Wood, on the other hand, gives that timeless appeal it is well known for while at the same time provide you with a sturdy surface to prepare your ingredients.
- Shelves – They also have storage spaces integrated into their design that you can consider when you plan to buy one. There are some that feature open shelvings while others have closed cabinet system. For small kitchens, an open type shelf design is recommended because it makes your space appear bigger. What’s more, it helps keep your things in an organized fashion so it will be free from clutter. However, if you prefer to keep your things hidden from sight go for serving carts with cabinets so you can hide your things in a fashionable way.
- Drawers – There are ones that also feature drawers in their designs. This is for added organization which is just perfect especially when you have lots of items to store. You can put all your cooking utensils and cutleries here for easy access too.
- Drop Leaf Design – It would be great if you consider getting a cart with drop leaf features so you can create an additional surface to work on or serve your meals. The best part is that you can fold it when it is no longer needed.
- Portability – Portability is another feature that you should look at when it comes carts. Most of these carts have wheels attached at the bottom so you can move it around.
There are many great kitchen ideas today where they are their main feature. Most small sized kitchens utilize these carts for their space instead of islands because they are more compact leaving them enough room to move around. Other ideas include using one as a dining table which is great for homes where the kitchen and dining are located in one area.
What else can you do with it? Well, another example is that you can use with it is transforming it into a decorative piece. Place your knick knacks on the surface of it while the shelves can be used as a place to put your cookbooks and magazines so you can easily get ideas on what to cook for your next meal. There are a lot of things you can do with them today so feel free to be as creative as you can be with this furniture.