5 important features in Garden Design software
Garden designs made by professionals are now available in programs that you can get for free. Gone are the days where we have to rely on hiring a professional landscaper or two to choose what plants you should get, where you will be placing them and how to maintain them. The best part about this is that they already have the map for the Hardiness Zone in the US included in them which means you can now choose the right plants based on your location.
As an expert on both paid or free garden design software there are several features that your software ought to have in order for you to remake your backyard smoothly and without any hitches.
5 Features You Should Look For
If you want to be able to create the perfect landscape on your own, using free garden design programs are recommended. However, before you do start using one of them, make sure that it has the features mentioned here.
- Plant Library Based on Map of Hardiness Zone – One of the most important things when it comes to this is to select the right plant types. Since accessing the map of Hardiness Zone is just a click away, if you have the right kind of software, you will be able to determine which plants are good or bad based on your location. Experts in landscaping can tell you immediately which plants are ideal for the kind of soil and climate that you have. Using free software with a vast plant library, you will be able to determine this on your own.
- Design in 3D, Produce in 2D – Although 2D drawings are still important when it comes to this especially when talking to a client, the ability to make them in 3D is becoming in demand as well. After all, a bird’s perspective won’t be too informative to an average homeowner since they can’t see how it will look like in real life. This can be costly if the client doesn’t like it afterwards. Fortunately, there are free software that are equipped with this feature so you can it both in 2D and in 3D at the same time.
- Import Photos of Front or Back Yard – For beginners, the ability to upload photos of your yard is a feature that you should look for in any software. This type of software is ideal for those who only have a small yard. Being able to upload a photo then adding ideas to it can help you compare the before-and-after photos to get a better idea on how it will look like. You can even get free software that allows you to play with the lights so you can visualize how it will look like in the morning as well as night.
- Plant Simulation – Thanks to the Hardiness Zone that is included in free software for yard designs, you can also simulate the growth of your plants. You can see how it will look like after a few months have passed. This is a useful tool to take advantage of.
- Easy to Use – If you are looking for free software to help you with your project, it is best that you look for one that you can use easily. Don’t underestimate this feature. Instead of focusing on the available library you should also know whether you can handle the controls of the software on your own.
You can also check sites like dealnews.com to find garden design software for sale and hopefully get it on a discount.
Adding a shed
Aside from laying out the look of your yard you should also take into account what measures you will be using to protect your gardening tools. For example, a shed will be a wonderful addition to your space since this outdoor structure can help keep your outdoor equipment safe from harm. A shed can come in different sizes so if you are worried that your small yard won’t be able to accommodate one, you can look for a size that will fit.
Investing on a shed is recommended especially when you want to preserve your outdoor equipment. If you will be recreating your own ideas, you should try to incorporate this structure so you can get the best from your yard.