Same old design for the past several years, you might want to try something new like adding an kitchen island with seating for 4. They are fast becoming a trend in many households today because they offer more than just beauty to the kitchen but also an extra working and storage space too.
An area with seating for 4 can do more than just give you space for preparing your meals. As a matter of fact, you can use it as a serving station too so you and your family can eat while the food is still hot. If you are thinking of giving your space an upgrade then furniture is something you should seriously consider.
What to consider
Since islands are among the top favorites when it comes to furniture it isn’t a surprise to find that there are a lot of choices to consider. The same is true with this setup. You shouldn’t have a hard time finding one for your home but just in case you want some little help in choosing one, here are some factors that you need to take into consideration.
- Know how many people will be using it – For a family of four, a area with it is appropriate but you can easily add extra seating by looking for stools that won’t take up too much space.
- Look for a design that will match your kitchen – Since a this area comes in different styles and designs it is only right that you look for one that will blend well with your existing kitchen design. You can even choose one that will be the centerpiece if you want to really give it an updated look.
- Get a island with more leg room – Adults may have a hard time using it if there is storage attached to the design. If you want to be able to sit comfortably without bumping your knee on the cabinet underneath your area then look for a design that doesn’t have storage incorporated.
- Mix and match the design of the island with the furniture – If you want to make itstand out, it would be great if you mix and match the materials used to create a more striking effect. For example, a granite or marble countertop can be mixed with chairs made from wrought iron for a more sophisticated look.
- A portable kitchen island is a good idea – Sometimes, the space can be limited if this is the case then you should look it that can be moved around as needed. This way, you can create additional space without compromising your need for a surface to serve your family.
Aside from this there are other furniture that you can use to create a place for you and your family to sit down and enjoy a bite to eat. One example of this is carts on wheels. Carts on wheels are basically like it with the exception that they are portable. Many kitchens are in need of a movable furniture because there are times when you need to make room for cooking. If this is the case carts with wheels attached to the bottom is a good choice.
This type of cart can also be used as a serving station. You just need to look for a couple of stools so you can sit down around the cart. So you see? Regardless of whether you will stick with portable carts or you will still go with it you need to carefully consider how you will integrate your new furniture to get the most out of your space.
Kitchen Remodeling – 5 Awesome Tips
There will come a time when you will be considering doing it in your own space especially when it is no longer giving you enough space to move around. This is a common problem in many households especially when most of the counters and surfaces are either occupied by appliances or by knick knacks that are not really needed. For small spaced kitchens, the lack of space can be quite frustrating and burdensome that is why when you plan on doing it you should consider the efficiency of your space so you will have a much better time when cooking.
Things to Consider
Before you do any remodeling in your home make sure that you already have an idea on how your space will look like. If you can hire someone to design it for you it would be great. However, if you will be the one to do the whole remodeling you should at least look for a design to follow so you will know how to plan your kitchen remodeling project.
For first timers, here are some things that you should keep in mind when planning your kitchen remodeling.
- Space – When it comes to kitchen remodeling, the first thing that you should be looking into is the space. Remove all furniture and appliances in order to get the measurement. For small kitchens this step is important because it gives you a better idea on how to layout your design to fit the entire theme.
- Furniture – Any outdated furniture can be retired while others only need to be refurbished to give it a better look. You can even introduce new furniture like island furniture or perhaps a serving cart if you want to have an extra counter to use for your food preparation.
- Appliances – If you want to make it that more efficient look for energy saving appliances to replace the old ones. Modern kitchen appliances are also compact in size so you can fit them on your kitchen counter without worrying about the space they eat. What’s more, your cooking time will be significantly shortened when you use them instead of manually preparing your ingredients.
- Budget – Money is always invovled when it comes to kitchen remodeling that is why it is better if you have an idea on how much you will be willing to spend for your kitchen renovation. If you are on a budget, instead of doing a major overhaul it would be better if you just purchase new furniture or serving cart to supply you with storage and work space.
How Useful is an Island Furniture
Remodeling is not just about replacing old furniture or appliance but it can be as simple as moving around your existing furniture or introducing a new unit to your space. For example, small spaced kitchens can benefit a lot from an island furniture because it creates additional work area for you to use. What’s more the island furniture is not limited to being a work station but it can also be used as storage which is exactly what is needed in kitchens with limited space. It can uplift your space while at the same time give it additional function.
The best thing about it is that you can get them with wheels. A portable kitchen island or cart is a useful addition because you can move it around so you can open up more space when needed. Also, you can wheel it outdoors if you are in need of a work station there for your outdoor party. Many homeowners have utilized this new furniture in their space so you might want to consider the same thing too.
When it comes to remodeling, there are lots of ideas that you can take advantage of. If you want to create more space while organizing your things you can get yourself a narrow kitchen island to be placed on the center. This way, you will have a work station, storage area and even a serving station all in one. You can let your creativity loose when it comes to it so you can put a personal touch to your space.